Friday, August 10, 2012

How I found my dream relationship..Lost it..and got it back

In 2007 I was getting out of a 5 year long very serious relationship. I was devastated but definitely knew it was the right thing to do. It ended up being a blessing and giving me a lot of time to myself and to mend the relationships that I had bruised in the past.

And then....

I got tired of it. I wanted a relationship and I wanted it bad!! Men, relationships, and dating ruled my thoughts. I was looking around wanting and hoping for a relationship but nothing was in sight. This did not make me feel happy, joyous, and free. Which today I know is the reason the relationship was not showing up. I was desperate ,needy, and not very much fun to be around. At this point I knew about Law of Attraction. I had watched and read The Secret and thought it was a great idea, but had never thought to try to use it to my advantage on the subject of relationships.

I decided to take a stab at it one day. I listened to The Secret on CD, I watched the DVD a few times and got inspired to do some more research on LOA online. The internet is a great resource for this. I found a website based on law of attraction and love. I went there purchased an ebook and started on some of the assignments. I did the usual...write down your ideal relationship, act as if you are already in the relationship, try to not be attached to the relationship (which was always really hard for me). All of these things felt fun and easy.

One day I started talking to someone that I ran into at a common meeting place. He was beautiful, had a car, a job, was sober, and we had fun together. It was great! We dated and I fell really hard for him. And then I started, I started to become that desperate, needy, and not so much fun to be around anymore girl. I nagged him about when we were going to be "official", I asked him "where do you think this is going". Um yeah I know, I was annoying! I definitely ended up pushing him away. We broke up and it was tragic. Not my best LOA work.

I pouted and wanted him back but then I decided that was it...I am not just hanging around here. I am going to have fun! Now there...That is the ticket. I met a friend that I totally just clicked with. We were wild and crazy and had a blast every time we were together. Yes I still held on the relationship but that got a lot easier once I was having a blast with my new best friend. I basically forgot about wanting a relationship and spent most of my time with her, having fun. This is all LOA stuff people, Abraham says "start with easy things". The relationship was not easy for me. Having fun was easy for me. Once I took my focus off the relationship I was happy.

Needless to say we started dating again about 3 months after we broke up. When we got back together we were both ready this time to give it a shot. We have had many ups and downs but both of our intentions were to stay by each other and make it work. One of my main aspirations in life is to be married and have a family. I started to get a little antsy for marriage so I started to get excited about it and imagine that we were engaged. Every Saturday morning on a drive I would start to get amped up about it and repeat "I AM getting married. I am getting married". I would say this with a huge smile on my face and it made me feel so full of joy. That was it. We got engaged on May 20th, 2012 in beautiful Hawaii. What a dream right? A dream I created by using excitement and fun.

I want to share this with you guys! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment